October 5th – October 6th, Karlstad University, Karlstad, Sweden
**** Article submission deadline extened to June 4th, 2017!
The aim of Open Identity Summit 2017 is to link practical experiences and requirements with academic innovations. Focus areas will be Research and Applications in the area of Identity Management, Trust Services, Open Source, End-to-End Encryption and Cloud Computing.
Open standards and interfaces as well as open source technologies play a central role in the current identity management landscape as well as in emerging future scenarios in the area of electronic identification and trust services for electronic transactions according to the eIDAS regulation (2014/910/EU), innovative payment services according to the second payment services directive (PSD2) (2015/2366/EU), trustworthy and privacy enhancing solutions according to the general data protection regulation (2016/679/EU) and other innovative applications in the area of e-health, e-government, cloud computing and the internet of things for example. While there are already plenty of successful applications in which those techniques are used to safeguard the authenticity, integrity and confidentiality, there are still many closely related areas which demand further research.
We invite stakeholder and technical experts from public administration, industry, science and academia to propose contributions to the program of the workshop. Submissions should be short papers (5-6 pages) or full papers (max. 12 pages) in English. Submitted papers will be reviewed by the program committee. Accepted papers will be presented at the workshop and are planned to be published in the GI-Edition Lecture Notes in Informatics (LNI) (listed on Scopus, rated as peer-reviewed scientific publication at level 1 in the Norwegian/Scandinavian classification). OID proceedings have been published annualy since 2013.
Topics of Interest
The topics of the workshop include but are not limited to:
Identity Management and Privacy
- Security, interoperability and novel use cases related to identity management, credential technologies and electronic identity tokens.
- Security analysis and proofs for authentication protocols and federated identity management protocols based on SAML, OpenID Connect, WS-* , FIDO and OAuth for example.
- Privacy by design, Privacy enhancing technologies and transparency technologies for identity.
- Security and interoperability of strong authentication and access to account according to PSD2
- Concepts for and practical experiences with components, systems, services, processes and applications for identity management and end-to-end encryption.
- Novel technologies for identity management (e.g. based on distributed ledger technology).
- Mobile aspects of identity management and novel form factors of identity tokens.
- Identity and access management in IoT and industry 4.0 scenarios
- Identity management and privacy for artificial intelligence (AI) applications such as digital assistants
- Standards, interoperability aspects and interoperable solutions for identity management and end-to-end encryption.
- Secure, evident and sustainable identity management solutions for electronic processes, records management and IT-service-platforms.
- International, global and long term aspects of identity management.
- Legal and socio-economic aspects of privacy and identity management.
- Privacy, non-traceability, auditability and evidence within identity management systems.
Trust Services and Related Applications
- Legal and international aspects related to the eIDAS regulatory framework (2014/910/EC).
- Economic aspects related to electronic identification and trust services in particular for electronic signatures, electronic seals, electronic time stamps, electronic registered delivery and website authentication.
- Standards, technologies and innovative solutions related to electronic identification and trust services in particular for electronic signatures, electronic seals, electronic time stamps, electronic registered delivery and website authentication.
- Aspects related to the certification and accreditation of trust services and related components.
- Concepts and solutions for the long-term preservation of evidence with respect to identification and authentication processes or the authenticity and integrity of electronic data.
- Security, interoperability as well as legal and economic aspects of open source in the area of security and identity management.
- Concepts and practical experiences with open source components related to security, identity management and end-to-end-encryption.
- Integration of identity management solutions in existing open source libraries or frameworks.
- Open source tools for distributed specification, development, quality assurance and dissemination of project results.
- Aspects related to open source community development and federated social media.
- New open source projects and news from existing open source projects in the area of security, identity management, trust services, end-to-end encryption and cloud computing.
- Paper Submission Deadline: 4th of June, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: 19th of June, 2017
- Submission of Camera Ready Copies: 21th of July, 2017
- Early bird registration deadline: June 29th, 2017
Articles will be submitted using EasyChair. You will have to upload a pdf document and an abstract after registering the corresponding author.
Article format & author instructions
The article shall get formatted according to the GI LNI format. The format is very similar to Springer LNCS. Please download the templates and the author copyright form:
Please see the Organizers & PC page for program committee details!
For further information please visit: https://oid2017.hotell.kau.se